Monday, January 17, 2011

Well it's been a while as usual! We actually have done a few things since the last post so lets talk about it!! On Nov 11, 2010 we found out we were going to be parents!!! Yep thats what I said! I'm going to have a baby! I'm 14 weeks along and the experience thus far hasn't been what i though it would be. I was 4 weeks along when I found out, and about 2 weeks after that I started feeling nauseous ALL the time.....See in my head I always pictured myself as a very active and health women and for that reason I wouldn't get sick (for some reason that made since to me then) What a ridiculous thought that was! For the last 8 weeks I have felt miserable, also not what I thought I would feel like ( I thought that b/c I was pregnant I would literally feel like I was "glowing" which is the word used in every movie to describe a pregnant women! I always thought that, that word sounded like it had to feel great!!) Also a ridiculous thought! So the first trimester was spent eating applesauce, and saltine crackers (which I now will never willingly eat again), and throwing up all the time (thank you jan for the barf bucket for my van it has been used way too many times!)!

I had my first Dr's visit before Christmas and they said expect to be sick until about 12 weeks. However it never got any better the nausea just turned into vomiting and at my 12 week appt they said it may get better between 12-15 weeks, lets just say my confidence in my choice of a good Dr was beginning to sway! However like I mentioned I'm at 14 weeks and my confidence is restored I am feeling better!!! I got my energy back and my appetite!! I went 5 whole days without throwing up!!!! It's a miracle!! And as I learn about the development of my baby every week I am starting to feel like I am "glowing" It really feels amazing!! I am so humbled at this calling I have been given (and every women!) to carry a child! I really am amazed at how happy I feel!!!

2 comments: