Saturday, September 19, 2009


So I'm running the Kansas City marathon in October and I am at, well I've kind of been at a burn out stage here this month. i just get tired of running, which is odd for me because i love it soo much. I love it because it's just me and whatever road I choose to pound on for 5-19 miles. I love it because I get to think and dream, and enjoy the hidden beauties only a sweaty, tired, and thirsty runner will see ( a johnny on the spot, with or without toilet paper is never more exciting to find then when you are on a long run)! However today I just didn't feel like running. I went out with a goal of about 16 miles and i only made it 1.5! Why?! I'm not sure but I guess I'll have to try tomorrow!~

I'm nervous about the marathon but also excited, I'm nervous at what my body will do during the 26.2 mile stretch but excited because i will be among other avid runners who love the sport for all the same reasons i do, and because of all the adrenaline that will be rushing through my body from just being around them! I know I can run the full distance and I've always wanted to. So I will and i will let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment