Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I actually can't remember all the recipes I was supposed to post but here id the best and I mean best granola bar recipe ever! I got this recipe from a gal at church and we sold them for the YW bake sale we had for camp, they got great reviews!

PEANUT BUTTER GRANOLA BARS

1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup peanut butter
2 1/2 cup Rice Crispies cereal
2 1/2 cup Oatmeal (quick or regular will do..I like regular oats myself)
handfuls of chocolate chips

1. Mix the cereal and oatmeal in LARGE bowl
2. Melt honey, butter, and brown sugar in a pot on the stove and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute.
3. Take off heat and add peanut butter, stir until all lumps are gone.
4. Immediately add to dry ingredients and stir and stir until well mixed. (A lot of stirring is required here)
5. Add chocolate chips (however much you want...I add just a couple of handfuls, about 1/4 cup...but I have noticed that if you have too many chocolate chips then the chocolate flavor dominates)
6. Quickly press hard into a small rectangular pan. (the pan size is smaller than a casserole but a little bit bigger than a square 8x8)
PLEASE NOTE: Press really hard-smash it in VERY well. If you don't smash it in right after you add the chocolate chips then the granola won't stick together-you'll just have granola crumbs...And also do steps 3 through 6 pretty quick...don't wait for the mixture to cool off. Other than all of that enjoy them they are delicious!!!

****I ALWAYS have doubled the recipe and used a jelly roll pan or cookie sheet at my pan and it works very well, make sure it's greased!****
You also can freeze these just fine!

1 comment:

  1. YEAH!!! get a day off and you posted!! I can't believe it. I have been checking an dchecking :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete